Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Be brave, Tell others what's going on.

Tomorrow I get to have a heart procedure. I'm not anxious about it; I do think it is an inconvenience, but a good inconvenience. I mean, really... it would be much more inconvenient to have a heart attack. I do seem to be more aware of any little "almost" pain or discomfort in my chest. I guess I am a little more sensitive than usual.

Back to the point... I posted this information on a social networking site and had an overflowing of well wishes and prayer offerings. At some point it became emotionally moving and touching. We cheat ourselves when we keep things to ourselves. It is true that we take risks by sharing, but we receive so much from those who care.

I expected reactions from family and friends where I live, but I have received responses from people I knew in high school (a long time ago). In our society "transparency" is often seen as a weakness. The reality is that it is a strength that allows so much more strength to flow into us.

Be brave. Tell others what's going on with you.

1 comment:

  1. Amen Brother.... You sure helped me with the a kind word of hope at a very weak time in my life.
    The lord is with us always. Thanks for reminding me of that.

    ReplyDelete