Friday, October 29, 2010

How Disappointing

I learned to day that one of the people I have recently met and spent time with may be involved in some felony-type serious trouble... even dangerous-to-other-people type trouble. This is not the first one, and will not be the last. It is still disappointing.

As I sort through my emotions and frustration, I am reminded that God continued to reach for me even "while we were yet sinners" by sending his son to die for me/us. "But I'm not like these other people" I protest to myself.

My intellect kicks in for his side of the debate and I am again reminded that "yes" I am just like these other people. The difference is that I'm thinking of "them" harming other people's physical existence. My impact was that Jesus had to leave heaven and come "down here" to die. I don't feel better. I don't feel superior. I don't want to think about it, but I can't stop here.

Jesus continued to "reach" out to me. I guess I should do no less...

No comments:

Post a Comment