Thursday, October 21, 2010

Why do we whine and complain?

Recently I've been "eaves-dropping" on random conversations in restaurants, retail stores, coffee shops and church gatherings. It seems that they often revolve around complaining about people, decisions, life, etc. I even recently over-heard strong complaints by a person who agreed with a decision when it was discussed in a group!

Why are we like this? I'm sure that I do it too (I hope not often). When I hear waitresses do it, I don't want to go back to that restaurant. When I hear employees do it, I don't want to go back to that store.

When someone hears it at "church" I suspect they may not want to return to that church. They may not want to go to any church if they aren't already seriously anchored in the concept of fellowship.

It seems to me that whining and complaining may be fueled by an absence of trust in God. It certainly is fueled by thinking of "myself" as the "important" one. If you hear me whining about life, please point it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment