Saturday, September 24, 2011

God and a Detached Retina

I had surgery to repair a detached retina in June. I suppose nearly everyone with this kind of thing wonders how much of the vision will return to the eye. I certainly wondered, though I had decided to be satisfied with whatever returned.

During the final followup examination on Friday one of the ladies doing preliminary testing before I saw the surgeon one last time let it slip. She had not seen me during these three months so my chart was new to her. She was really excited when she told me that she had not seen this type of recovery in her 15 years at this job.

Evidently the damage done before the repair was pretty extensive. She told me that my 20/20 recovery was more than just good medical practice, it was a God-type healing. That's what she said: A God-type healing! I thought nearly everyone had this kind of experience but, that is evidently not the case. I would not have noticed had she not told me.

The surgeon was a little less animated. He just proclaimed that God did some marvelous healing, but he (the surgeon) had done some mighty fine surgery! Wow. I thought this was routine.

I wonder how many other times God has "wrought a miracle" in my life and I didn't notice because He has been doing that in my life all along. I 'm thinking that nothing is routine for a child of God, God is busy all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment