Thursday, September 15, 2011

The significance of the shepherd's voice.

 "Hiring a speaker will not replace a shepherd's voice." This quote is from Wayne McDaniel, Phoenix, Arizona, via Ed Fudge's email. It sounds religious, but it is true across the board just because it is true.

Jesus told of tenant farmers who ignored messengers sent by the landowner. You and I have seen co-workers (perhaps even ourselves) relax and slow down at work when the supervisor was gone. Students may still place a "lookout" at the door when the teacher is out of the room. We've all seen it and done it, well at least I have.

Whether we think in terms of leading spiritual growth, educational progress, or encouragement given to those who are watching us we need to remember that our/my voice is important to someone. I need to both "think before I speak" and "stay in touch" with those listening for my voice. My life is still not just about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment