Tuesday, October 18, 2011

How does it look to you?

My barber was just about finished with my final dusting when she decided to pull out the blow-dryer to dislodge the remaining clippings from my neck. As she combed my hair back into place for the final look I began to laugh.

She had parted my hair on the side opposite my usual part. It looked like it belonged there so she just reacted without thinking about what ought to be. It was funny to me. It certainly reinforced my suspicion that hair-loss has rendered some of my options obsolete, or at least irrelevant.

How many other things about life do I continue as I always have, just because I always have? It may be time for a fresh look at the way things ought to be now. My way of doing things should not be defined  into eternity just because it has been that way all this time.

It is easier to look at others with dispassionate objectively than to look at myself. I suppose that is one reason we need close friends. Kind objective evaluation is required if I am to be successful.

I have those kinds of friends. Do you? Does everyone?

Have you had a similar moment of enlightenment?

No comments:

Post a Comment