Sunday, October 9, 2011

He wore his passion on his shirt sleeve.

According to those who knew him (at least as reported), Al Davis thought only of football for decades. He died Saturday morning, October 8, 2011. An NFL icon said that Mr. Davis wore his passion on his shirt sleeve. Another coaching icon said that Mr. Davis didn't take time off from his "Raiders." What a legacy.

Most of us take time-off from our work, but our core passions can not be left behind. They are always before us in our thoughts. They distract us from our hobbies; they awaken us in the night. We run stop signs and have accidents because they demand center-front seats in life.

Jesus said that all God wants from me is my heart. Everything about my life should focus on Him, His will, His other people. Are these the thoughts pushing and elbowing their way through my crowded mind, struggling for center-front? Do my distractions betray my real passions? Do yours?

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment