Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Did I Hear God Whisper?

Have you ever had one of those dreams that was so real you were a little surprised to find it was not? I had one last night, or was it this morning? Well, it does not matter. I had it.

I was walking on a campus where I had worked years ago. My cell phone rang. As I answered I recognized the voice on the other end, but couldn't place it. Even when he told me his name we had to talk awhile before I placed him.

In the conversation he eventually discovered where I was. His next inquiry was simple, direct, and common. He asked me why I was there. As I remember, I was perplexed myself. Why was I there?

It really is a very compelling question: "Why?" "Why are you there?" Paul said that God places all of us where we are in time and space so that we can "reach out for Him" as He is always nearby.

If He has chosen me for this place and this time, I should be paying attention. He has a plan for today. Now, where is He in all of this and what is it that I am to do?

Have you noticed that we lose our focus easily?

No comments:

Post a Comment